Volunteering your time and talents is a dynamic way to help others. There are wonderful ways to show your support for Sertoma Centre and work with people who care about their communities… people who are willing to share their skills and ideas and offer their support.
- SUPER SALE SET-UP - Volunteers Needed NOW!
- HOUSEWARES SHOW INFORMATION - Volunteers are needed one Tuesday each March to pack donated items. A box dinner and coach bus transportation to McCormick Place will be provided.
- UNPACKING/ORGANIZING ITEMS – Throughout the year. Unpacking and arranging items on tables to be sold at Sertoma locations. Number of days, hours, and times are flexible.
- MAILINGS – Six times per year. Help stuff envelopes and assemble direct mail items for various events. This is a seated position. Hours/days vary.
- CANDY DAYS – Collect donations in front of grocery stores and at some corner sites on Candy Days in conjunction with various supporting organizations – Sertoma Clubs; United Way, Knights of Columbus, etc.
Please contact Laura Gardner, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or (708) 730-6211.
- SENIORS – Work with Seniors on their daily projects, including crafts, outside trips, interactive activities, etc. Weekdays. Brenda Johnson, Seniors program, (708) 730-6246.
- SCHOOL TRANSITION – Help tutor high school students enrolled in this program. Weekdays. Avis Greer, program coordinator, (708) 730-6338.
- MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES – Help mental health staff coordinate recreational activities with clients, once a week or once a month. Jean Tsai, Mental Health Services Manager (708)748-1951 ext. 420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on volunteering, please contact:
4343 W. 123rd Street
Alsip, IL 60803