Detailed Program Description
To provide service coordination to assist individuals with disabilities to plan for and evaluate necessary services to ensure a comprehensive array of supports and services to meet the individual’s needs, goals and choices, at home and within the community, within a monthly service cost maximum.
Home Based Support Services (HBS) provides service facilitation, support planning and supports to individuals to prevent or delay out of home residential services. Individuals and families choose from an array of services that include needs assessment for services, day programs, direct services provided by domestic or agency employees as well as a variety of therapy and other services, such as adaptive equipment. Home Based Support Services are tailored to meet individuals’ evolving needs and preferences for supports, while maintaining their current residence.
1. Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
2. Must be a resident of Illinois, living in Illinois.
3. Must have a developmental disability; other disabilities may be present.
4. Be assessed as eligible for ICF/MR level of care.
5. Meet Medicaid eligibility criteria and have funding approved prior to starting services.
6. Agree to Rule 120 guidelines.
7. Agree to participate in the development and implementation of their individual service plan.
1. Opportunities to transition to other programs/services are available based upon the individual’s need, preferences, choices and program criteria as indicated in each individual program description.
2. Options can be discussed during the Individual Service Plan meeting or a special meeting may be convened at other times as needed.
3. Refer to the Program Accessibility Chart for programs/services availability.
1. The individual and/or guardian choose to terminate services.
2. Funding is terminated (fails to meet eligibility requirements, does not supply needed information to complete the eligibility redeterminations, cannot meet per capita cost limitations, etc.).
3. Consult with ISSA has occurred and ISSA concurs.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
Population served: Illinois residents with developmental disabilities 18 years of age or older who qualify for Medicaid Adult Home Based Support Services.
Settings: Services are provided in the home of the individual and in the community.
Hours/Days of Service: Sunday through Saturday at times convenient for individual/family.
Frequency of Service:
1. Minimum of four hours of communication required with individual per month.
2. Six visits per year to individual (can include four home visits and two site visits, if individual attends a day program) per year.
3. Communication as needed with the individual and guardian.
Payer Source: DHS/DDD
Fees: There are no fees. Medicaid funding and rate structures are established by DHS.
Referral Sources: Self-referral, Illinois Department of Human Services, families, service coordination agencies
SERVICES: Individuals enrolled in HBSS may choose from include the following services and supports, not to exceed the monthly maximum funding allotted.
Training for Unpaid Caregivers
Adaptive Equipment and Technology
Home Accessibility Modifications
Nursing Services, RN & LPN
*DT Sheltered Employment
Adult Day Care
*Behavior Therapy and Counseling
Temporary Intensive Staff
Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapies
Temporary Crisis Services
*available through Sertoma Centre, Inc.
+ services available through Sertoma Centre, Inc. through contractual source
October 22, 2013